Sunday, August 24, 2008

Am I heartless?


I just got back from seeing "Henry Poole is Here." I thought it was kind of dorky. I went with a girlfriend who thought it was really good, which got me to thinking, why do I find anything sentimental or heartwarming to be kind of ridiculous? I have a tender soul, I swear I do, but I can't tell you the last time I got choked up at a movie.

I had a hard time liking Luke Wilson, who is kind of cute, but he always seems to be trying to channel Christian Slater, who annoys me because he is a Jack Nicholson wanna-be, which makes Luke Wilson a Jack Nicholson impersonator once removed. Which I just can't get into. Sorry.
In a fit of uncharacteristic frugality, I brought ziplock bags of popped popcorn to the theatre. How lame am I? I never would have been industrious enough to pop popcorn and bag it up to take to the theatre, but one of the girls who came to the Cheetah movie screening Friday night brought half a dozen bags of popcorn, and it was just sitting there, and I was going to a movie, and it seemed like the thing to do.

Saw a preview for the new Ricky Gervais movie the other day, though, and OMG how much do you love Ricky Gervais? But I am sure the next movie I will probably see will be "High School Musical." Or if I am lucky maybe "Twilight," isn't that out pretty soon?

I picked up "Sixteen Candles" on DVD for a campout movie. We'll be screening outdoor movies, which is way too much fun. The collection for the camping trip so far includes Princess Bride, Ferris Bueller, Harry and the Hendersons, Sixteen Candles and Say Anything. 1987 called and wants her movies back. We also have Enchanted and Penelope to bring us into the 00's.

So many movies, so little time.

No comments: