Sunday, November 9, 2008

Soccer Trophy Closure

Tim went to his men's group at church tonight. And by "men's group," I mean Tim and his friends playing basketball at Carlie's school under the guise of some sort of theological discourse.

Carlie's soccer coach is one of the men in the men's group, and Tim wanted to pay him for the trophy. FINE, WHATEVER, PAY FOR THE DAMNED TROPHY, I AM SO FRIGGIN OVER THIS.

He asked me to write a check, so I write a check for $8.25 and in the 'memo' I wrote: "contribution to the continued downfall of our society by encouraging another generation of slacker children through false praise." And, yes, I CAN print that small.

Did I mention earlier that I ran five miles today? I will be expecting my trophy anytime now. Oh, and I unloaded the dishwasher. I am hoping there will be a plaque coming my way. And the laundry I did today? I am assuming I will be receiving a little engraved something-something.

4 comments:

Keetha said...

No joke - I think running 5 miles totally deserves a trophy. I don't know about the unloading the dishwasher, though, not unless you were blindfolded at the time or something.

Margy said...

Congrats on the 5 mile run! I did 4 and it was more of a walk/run. Too much wine the night before for me... I haven't been as good about running because I'm car pooling with hubby. But after I give the nice Toyota people $1,000 I'll get my truck back with a new clutch & it will work & I can run again. If I had a trophy I'd give you one!

Lee said...

5 miles is awesome!! I'm content to stick to my 3 mile runs for now, lol.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I made lunches and did laundry too.

I'll be waiting for mine in the mail.

:)