Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Gumbo

This is what 12 gallons of gumbo looks like - 10 gallons turkey gumbo and I just made 2 gallons of vegan gumbo. Because I am a good mom like that.

We have 47 yes rsvps for our open house tonight even though we are in the midst of Arctic Blast 08, as the nonstop news coverage keeps reminding us.

I made a run to two Target stores, Circuit City, Best Buy, Office Depot and Kohls this morning. Did not wait in line once. They were all empty. Recession or fear of driving on the arctic tundra?

After finishing up some last minute cleaning and starting the gift wrapping, I am soaking in the tub with a glass of wine until quarter til party time.

Happy Christmas Eve!

4 comments:

Janet said...

mmmm, I love gumbo!

katydidnot said...

have so much fun.

stephanie said...

I am freaked out on your behalf - 47 YES RSVPs??? No way for this one.

But yay you! Merry Christmas :D

Cat said...

Merry Christmas!