Saturday, January 10, 2009

Addictions meme

Chacha at Chasing Imperfection tapped me for this meme the other day, and I've been pondering my addictions ever since. Because addictive personality? Hello. More like obsessions. And compulsions. And speaking of which... five new followers? Please? Before I have to create faux profiles and follow myself to make my followers icons line up properly. Thanks.

The rules are list five things that I am addicted to and then pass it on to five more blogs. So here goes...

1. Diet coke. I have tried to shake it, but I just can't. It is the sweet nectar of the God's and my life would be incomplete without it. Don't judge me. In my defense, I drink coffee maybe once or twice a week, sometimes not at all, so the DC is my caffeine fix for the day. I SAID DON'T JUDGE ME.

2. Running. Definitely more of a compulsion than an addiction, but since I started running I feel compelled to push it. I started out with the goal of a 5k and am now training for a half marathon. Running should be considered a good and healthy habit, but the reason I am listing it here is because I have such a messed up mental process around it. First of all, I have yet to experience any kind of runners high. And the entire time I am running? I am consciously thinking the whole time WHY AM I RUNNING? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? THIS SUCKS! Seriously. And yet I get up and do it again. In fact, when I finish this post I am going for my longest ever run, seven miles. If I die, someone please feed my cats. Oh, and my kids.

3. This is definitely more in the OCD category, but I finish every book I start. No matter how bad it is. And then? If it is part of a series, I read the whole series. NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS. Believe me, you do not want to live your life this way.

4. Perez Hilton and celebrity gossip as a whole. I am not proud, but, damn it, I neeeeed to know what Brad and Ange are up to this weekend. And how Jen feels about it. And who wore what.

5.  The blogosphere. More than posting (which, hello, prolific and need to get a life, I know), I spend way TOO MUCH TIME reading other blogs and commenting, and way TOO MUCH TIME trying to come up with clever and witty comments than garner me accolades like comment of the week. My work productivity is way down since I discovered how much fun blogs are. Not to mention the laundry situation. We won't even go there.

And now to share the love... how about...

... because they are my happy hour homegirls. And I like the way the names line up. Seriously.


9 comments:

Lee said...

I tried 3 times to finish reading Wuthering Heights. I wonder if you'd be able to finish that one :)

katydidnot said...

okay, #3 is a little bit yikes. not the finishing the book part, but the reading the rest of the series bit. egad, i would be afraid to ever read a book that was in a series or could possibly become part of a series. and your lining things up thing is hilarious. as soon as you get five more followers, i'll come back and follow you, to push it down to the next line. heinous, i know.

Unknown said...

I was addicted to Diet Coke too... it is tough to shake. I needed help, so I started taking Diet Kola Capsules and drinking soda water (for the fizz) and now I have lost 11 pounds and feel a lot better. There something in cola that is addicting, but I don't want the aspartame, so this stuff works perfectly. Good luck!
Judit

Barrie said...

I'm with you on the diet coke and on the blogosphere. But we definitely part ways when it comes to running!

stephanie said...

I can only go as far as celebrity gossip and time in the blogosphere; diet pop, running, finishing books? No can do.

Perhaps this is why we make good friends - different compulsions. :D

Margy said...

I used to be that way about books, now if I can't get inot a book I go to the end and read that to see if I really care about what happens in between. Used to have the Diet Coke issue, now it's snobby coffee but I'm trying to limit that as I can't justify spending $20 a week on coffee drinks. Running - I do it but it's not my favorite thing. I used to love to run but that's when I got divorced & wanted to look hot if the ex ever saw me. Blogging - ya I'm with ya there. It is good fun but addicting.Celebrity gossip - only when I get my hair done or I get sucked into a Biography marathon & hubby isn't around - he hates the stuff & we only have one TV.

Deece said...

I have a bagillion OCD issues which pop up in my blog now and then. And while my need to have things balanced, centered, or in line is very similar to yours, I cannot, for the life of me, finish a book. Ok, not true, I have finished exactly two books in my life. I rarely read, but when I do, I just stop when there are about two pages left. I just lose interest. And I'll carry the book around with me for a month, telling myself to finish it. But I can't.

Summer said...

we have much much more than San Diego in common! I have to have a Diet Coke every day. Or I will die. I will really.

Deece said...

So will I, Summer. It's not even funny.