The rules are list five things that I am addicted to and then pass it on to five more blogs. So here goes...
1. Diet coke. I have tried to shake it, but I just can't. It is the sweet nectar of the God's and my life would be incomplete without it. Don't judge me. In my defense, I drink coffee maybe once or twice a week, sometimes not at all, so the DC is my caffeine fix for the day. I SAID DON'T JUDGE ME.
2. Running. Definitely more of a compulsion than an addiction, but since I started running I feel compelled to push it. I started out with the goal of a 5k and am now training for a half marathon. Running should be considered a good and healthy habit, but the reason I am listing it here is because I have such a messed up mental process around it. First of all, I have yet to experience any kind of runners high. And the entire time I am running? I am consciously thinking the whole time WHY AM I RUNNING? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? THIS SUCKS! Seriously. And yet I get up and do it again. In fact, when I finish this post I am going for my longest ever run, seven miles. If I die, someone please feed my cats. Oh, and my kids.
3. This is definitely more in the OCD category, but I finish every book I start. No matter how bad it is. And then? If it is part of a series, I read the whole series. NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS. Believe me, you do not want to live your life this way.
4. Perez Hilton and celebrity gossip as a whole. I am not proud, but, damn it, I neeeeed to know what Brad and Ange are up to this weekend. And how Jen feels about it. And who wore what.
5. The blogosphere. More than posting (which, hello, prolific and need to get a life, I know), I spend way TOO MUCH TIME reading other blogs and commenting, and way TOO MUCH TIME trying to come up with clever and witty comments than garner me accolades like comment of the week. My work productivity is way down since I discovered how much fun blogs are. Not to mention the laundry situation. We won't even go there.
And now to share the love... how about...
A.R. and Proud and
... because they are my happy hour homegirls. And I like the way the names line up. Seriously.