Friday, January 23, 2009

This and that

My most hated cliche of all time, but TGIF. Really.

My status report:

Head cold? Check. Clear snot turned to green in the last two days, but now seems to be magically disappearing. Maybe I'll wake up dead tomorrow, though, because this cold is not following any normal course.

Auction dress? Check. In fact, check and check. I have a navy dress and I bought the green one as well. Clearance pricing on both, and I am going to return whichever one I don't wear. I am going to try to get photos up in each and ask for opinions. The blue is a nice fit, but blech color. The green is a gorgeous color and good fit.

Something something: Gone. Returned to sender. No harm no foul. I have been restored to my original bling-free status. For the moment. Unfortunately, another bauble may have caught my eye in the process and might possibly have been accidentally purchased and on its way. I don't know, maybe I dreamt the whole thing? Maybe I am having shopping blackouts? Maybe this is something that I can get SSI disability for?

Work: Ugh. Had to give away a job today because of my sicky status. But I had an old "hold" job call in and order, so at least I am generating some income. I have 200 pages to proofread this weekend.

Weekend? Here! Yay! In addition to 200 pages of proofreading, Carlie has a basketball game tomorrow at 11 in Milwaukie, then a friend over for the day and a sleepover. We are going to family movie night at her school Saturday night, and Tim is part of the "catering" crew, so this should be interesting. And I've got auction prep volunteering to do Sunday from 9 a.m. to noon'ish. Then? Free time. Yay, just in time to start gearing up for Monday : )

Run report: I ran three miles and walked about two on Tuesday and ran four miles today. If the stars are properly aligned, I'll be hitting a 7.5-8 mile run on Sunday, which keeps me on track with my half marathon training schedule for the April race. If this cold sidelines my run this weekend, I'll be off schedule and, in a word, screwed.

Food report: Had lunch at Claim Jumper yesterday and today. Had doritos and hershey's kisses for dinner tonight. Had pizza and oreos for dinner last night. Diet? What diet? I don't need no stinkin' diet.

Weather report: There's a nasty rumor circulating that we may get more snow this weekend. I am so over winter.

Lost: I've watched half of the season premiere. I only made it through half before slipping into a comtrex/red wine induced coma. Going to watch the rest tonight. So far, though, I love it.

Now I'm off to visit blogs and see what everyone else is up to. Happy weekend to all and to all a good night.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Wait, if you are going to return that green dress, I want to try it on and see if it will fit me first. I will buy it from you, if it looks good on me. :)

I had something else to say, but now I can't remember.

Claim Jumpers twice?? I haven't even gone there once. I have heard their chocolate cake is excellent. Maybe that is where I will make hubby take me on next date night. When ever that is...

I and I agree about the snow. So over the snow reports.

Kathy

Dreamybee said...

I have been fighting off the crud all week too. Luckily, I have been able to avoid the green-snot phase. Good luck with training for your race. And not waking up dead tomorrow!

We don't have Claim Jumpers out here, but my husband and I ate there when we were in Oregon this summer, and it was FABULOUS! Great, now I'm hungry , and all I have is a fridge full of non-Claim-Jumper food.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Send some of that snow my way. We've had NOTHING and my kids aren't getting any younger. We want snow!