Sunday, March 15, 2009

Question for local mommas...

This nasty illness going around all of the schools? Have your kids got it too?

Carlie was home ALL WEEK. Monday and Tuesday she was lethargic, slightly fevery and had a headache. Complained of upset stomach, but wasn't vomiting. Wednesday she "said" she had a headache, but seemed fine. Thursday and Friday she was 100% normal. And Saturday? She laid in bed and alternately cried then dozed, cried then dozed, complaining about her stomach and headache. No fever, refused to eat. Woke up Sunday morning FINE. Wants to call friends and have a play date.

Yes, I am the worst mother ever for not taking her to a doctor. But every time I decide this is it, I'm taking her in, she's fine again!

2 comments:

dkuroiwa said...

This sounds almost exactly what Koji had for 6 days...he was diagnosed with Influenza Type B. So many kids over here are out with it. You might want to take her in, just in case, one of my students was telling me about some new virus in the lungs that will stay for a very long time!

Hope she is feeling 100% soon...and I hope you all stay healthy!!!

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

My kids were super sick a few weeks ago and then their cough came back. With a vengeance.

So confusing.

(And FYI: If she starts coughing to the point of vomiting, get her tested for pertussis. I'm not kidding. I've met people at our school with whooping cough and there seems to be a silent epidemic underway, sneaking past the shots. One of my favorite authors has it too. Strange, huh?)