Friday, November 20, 2009

My Endless Love, Redux



"But I didn't even know why I bothered. I was horrible at this *friends* thing. I said all the wrong things except when I was busy saying all the mean ones. And in the end, I hated everybody and everything." - Augusten Burroughs, "You Better Not Cry"


I didn't stand in line to make a lame-assed comment (Oh, I don't have a question, I just lurve you! Can I have a hug?)

I did get a signed copy of his new book, but did not get his signature on my arm for a tattoo.

I did get to share the same space with his humble brilliance, as well as hang with some of my most favorite ladies evah.

All of this, over a week ago, and I haven't even said a word about it! I hate it when life gets in the way of my blogging.

Thanks for hanging, homegirls.

3 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Ack! His holy head is chopped off in this viewing. I am afraid, very afraid.

It was a great evening. Hope to see you soon which is my way of saying that whenever you decided to be crafty, I would love to join you.

Just tell me where, when and what supplies I doth need.

Keetha said...

You were holding out on us! I'm jealous - congrats to you and your new boyfriend.

stephanie said...

It was good to be in his greatness, and your giddiness. ;D

P.S. It would have been so cool if you'd asked him to sing the Lionel Richie part to your Diana Ross.