Friday, January 22, 2010

Okay... so I went back to Target, but I DID NOT enjoy it

I know. Shut up.

Oregon law just went into effect making talking on your cell phone while driving illegal. I spend a lot of time zipping down I5 between Portland OR and Vancouver WA, wherein zipping means sitting in bumper to bumper OMG WILL WE EVER MOVE traffic, and frankly, that I5 corridor is kind of my prime talking on the phone time.

So I decided to find my hands-free headset. Which I did find. In the console of my car. Sitting in a puddle of Purel, wherein puddle means completely submerged and OMG ISN'T THIS STUFF SUPPOSED TO JUST DISSOLVE?

I went to Best Buy to buy a new hands-free set. Not a fancy Blue Tooth. Just a $15 over-the-ear dealio that plugs into the headphone jack of the phone. But at Best Buy? The $15 dealio costs $40. Yeah, whatever.

Right across the street from Best Buy was the new Target. And even though I knew there would be spacious aisles and bargains inside? I didn't even want to go in. That's how done with Target I am. There was no beckoning, so siren's song. But Tim was, all, can we please just get this stupid shopping trip over with, and so into Target we went.

I don't know how I never noticed it before, but Target smells like China. But I digress.

I went in, got the $15 headset dealio for $15 and took it to the register, where I paid for it with cash.

ME: I'd like a couple of extra copies of my receipt, please.
CASHIER: Huh?
ME: I'd like a couple of extra copies of my receipt, please.
CASHIER: Um, I'll have to get a manager for that.
ME: That's fine. I can wait.
MANAGER: Can I help you?
ME: Yeah, I just paid cash for this headset and I'd like a couple of extra copies of the receipt, please.
MANAGER: Why?
ME: Because if this is defective and doesn't work, and I happen to lose my receipt, I don't want to end up stuck with it for the rest of my life, like I have the last two times I've tried to return things to your store.
MANAGER: (prints receipt)
CASHIER: (hands me receipt)
ME: Thank you!
TIM: Seriously? Does that make you feel better at all?
ME: Um, yep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what that smell was when we walked in to a Target, now I know. Although it took me a minute to figure out why it would smell like china(like plates,saucers that match and you only use on special occasions)
I am such a blonde.

Good for you for following through on the headset. I get so mad at people still driving and talking on their cell.

Kathy

dkuroiwa said...

heh heh heh
you are my hero.

Keetha said...

Make a Target file for all the receipts. Good idea - to get two copies.