Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Productive Day

My day turned out to be pretty productive. Not in an income-generating way, but in a mental health way. Spent the day with my two best knitty friends and made a hat and ate split-pea soup and cookies and laughed and gossiped and didn't do chores or mope.

I tried to get a close up so you could see the cabling on the hat. The pattern is a freebie if anyone is interested in whipping up a quick hat.



I'm kind of thinking I might want to keep it, though I had intended to knit it up and put it in my Christmas stash. Hmmmm, we'll see.

It's time to go forage through the pantry and make a plan for dinner. Actually, the time to do that was some time prior to 5:20 p.m., which it is now, but oh well. 

My big plan for tomorrow was to work, work, work so I don't get bogged down and freaked out again. I did commit to a 10-mile bike ride along the river in the morning. But after that, it's all work, no play.

Thanks for the emails and texts and phone calls today. I didn't realize how morose my meltdown post this morning was until rereading it now. I so need to get over myself.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Cute hat! Why do we have so many knitters in this area yet I never seem to see those hats in stores? I want something like that. (And no, of course I don't knit. Maybe someday.)

Cynthia said...

I love the hat! Knitting is something I always wanted to learn...just haven't done it.