Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Definition of Over Involved


Tim bought himself a pair of socks, and I noticed. Because? He has not bought himself a clothing item in 15 years. I buy all of his clothes, including socks.

But really? This is what my life has become? That I have the ability to notice a foreign sock in my husband's wardrobe? My first thought was, he must be having an affair, because I cannot even imagine that he went shopping on his own.

That was really my first thought. Even though I have no fear that my husband is cheating. But an affair with a sock-buying slut is more likely than Tim going shopping. Seriously.

While divvying up the laundry, I held up the offending socks, black wool Wigwam-brand hiking socks to be exact, and said, "Where did these come from?"

"I bought them at a garage sale."

EWWWWWWWWWW.

I'd kind of prefer that they were a gift from a sock-buying slut, if we're being totally honest here.



2 comments:

Cat said...

Yeah, I'm with you on the used sock thing. EWWWWW!

Jen on the Edge said...

Holy crap, you, Cheri, and I are triplets. I would have thought the same thing. In fact, when Pete embarks on his bi-yearly clothes shopping expedition, he warns me in advance because he knows *exactly* what I would think.