Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Doh! I need my FREE Starbucks now!




I went to work without my tripod today... NOT GOOD. See, there it is, in my bedroom (next to my too cute silver flipflops, thank you very much). Doesn't look all that important standing there all by itself, does it?


Forgetting the tripod means I had to balance my steno machine precariously on my lap and take a 1-hour deposition (thank God it was short) without being able to ever relax and sit comfortably in my chair. I also had to spend the hour trying to emote a very "I meant to do that" vibe through body language and facial expression.
Under normal circumstances, my work equipment doesn't leave my work bag because, frankly, what the hell am I going to be steno'ing at home? But I had that retarded cassette tape from hell job to transcribe and so everything was not under normal circumstances and when things deviate from normal, generally I am screwed.
Now I'm going to go attempt to partake of some low fat deliciousness at Starbucks, FOR FREE. I found the info on another blog (ElasticWaist.com) and am going now to Starbucks to confirm if it is true or not... if you're not the East Coast, then you can go try to get a freebie too, because the offer is good 2 - 4 pm. Here it is: Starbucks will be giving away 16 oz. Grande Vivannos between the hours of 2:00-4:00 p.m. on Tuesday afternoons for the next three weeks (July 29, August 5 & 12).
Let me know if you score a freebie!

No comments: