Saturday, August 9, 2008

Vandalism

I say vandalism because I feel like my property has been defaced. My 19-year-old son went out and got his FREAKING NOSE pierced this morning. WTF?

I asked him why he chose to pierce his nose. His eloquent and very 19-yro response: "Because I don't have anything pierced or tatooed and I'm already 19, so this is the time to do it. If I wait until I get much older, it'll just be stupid to do it then."

I have no idea what that means. I got my one and only tatoo at age 30.

Could he not have started with perhaps an ear? You go for the nose first thing? Eeeek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. My sister is the kind of mother who raises a son who put those huge hunking guages or whatever in his ears. THAT is not reversible! So his choices are A. go around with gigantic corks in his earlobes or B. go around with nasty shriveled ugly flaps of mangled skin where his earlobes used to be. Boys. :-/

Feisty Irish Wench said...

The bright side is that you are no longer responsible for wiping the drips from his nose, so at least you don't have to touch it. Lucky for both of you...