Friday, August 1, 2008

VIP Dark Knight Screening

Went to see the Dark Knight, and obviously was in a VIP special screening because there were two dickheads there that were way too important to sit through a movie without taking phone calls. Dickhead 1's cell phone rang three times... ringer on. Dickhead 2, sitting directly behind me, had his on vibrate (how polite!) but took the call... "Hey, I'm in a movie, what's up?"


WTF is wrong with people?


I don't think I have seen a Batman movie since Mr. Mom was Batman, so I guess that's a while. I definitely did not see the last one with Christian Bale and, vavavoom, he's a hottie. My friend Lisa had already ruined the so-called Oscar-buzz performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker for me by telling me that it was Heath Ledger as Stuart Smalley doing the Joker. She was right on. But I thought overall, good movie. Nice to see Farmer Ted aka Dead Zone Johnny back on the big screen.


Scroll down to my mobile blog post from the theatre to see the gi-fucking-normous bucket of popcorn that came in our "medium" combo. That bucket, plus two huge vats of pop constitute medium. If I had accepted the generous offer of an upgrade for 50-cents I would have needed help carrying it. Only in America.

No comments: