Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mrs. Shana Depp


I have seen more movies in the last week than I have seen in the last six months combined. It has been a movie-going extravaganza, and I have the Regal Cinema debt to prove it. So I thought why not post a review of sorts of the flicks I've seen this week. Which I will do later, but first, I have VERY EXCITING breaking news.

Remember when Carlie and I went to a special advanced screening of a Pixar movie? If not, read about it here. It was really exciting and fun. We received the tickets to that movie when we were exiting the theatre after seeing High School Musical 3. We were approached by a dapper gentleman who told us about this new movie coming out and we could see it before anyone else in America. Wow! It was exciting for a minute, then the flyer went into my purse and was bound for the recycling bin. But when I came across the flyer again a few days later, I decided what the heck, free movie AND free popcorn. Let's go. And it turned out to be not the greatest movie, but a really fun adventure to be at the screening.

Well, last night, leaving the movie Australia, who do I see waiting at the exit but the same dapper gentleman with a stack of flyers. He was scoping out the exiting moviegoers, selecting those who fit his demographic. My posse of friends was bee-lining it to the door, but I went straight for the flyer guy. And long story short, I have passes for Wednesday night at Lloyd Center to see THIS MOVIE, scheduled for release in 2009. JOHNNY DEPP and CHRISTIAN BALE. Holy Mother Load. 

He didn't tell us this is the movie. The movie is a secret. But because it is Rated R, they give you some info about the movie, so you won't go if it's not your cup o' tea, and so you don't show up with kids. And the description says it is based on the true story of John Dillinger, set in the 1930s, starring two major movie stars. And the guy said, if you Google it, you'll find it. And I did (google it). And I did (find it). And HOLY MOTHER LOAD, I am so excited. What if Johnny and Christian want to gauge audience reaction? They could be there. And I have always known, since Episode 1 of Season 1 of 21 Jump Street, that if Johnny Depp and I ever met, he would KNOW instantly that I AM THE ONE. We are connected in a deep and meaningful way which he would recognize immediately. 

So on Wednesday night I get to see a free movie which isn't hitting studios until July 2009, with studio execs and night vision goggles watching the crowd and frisking and wanding for recording devices. Yay! Plus, possibly meet my next husband. Shana Depp. That's catchy.

1 comment:

Janet said...

O.M.G. you lucky DOG!!! Can't wait to hear about it :-)