A picture of me, right now, because it's a meme. Get it?
I stole this meme from Keetha at Write Kudzu. Her answers are lovely and insightful, because she is a lovely and insightful writer. Me? Not so much.
Five things about old me:
1. I have eaten both a family-sized bag of nacho cheese Doritos and a jumbo industrial-sized bag of M&Ms on my own, in one sitting.
2. I got married (the first time) at age 19. Seriously.
3. Since about age 9, I always assumed that I was smarter than everyone around me. Who thinks highly of herself?
4. I got into a couple (or five) car accidents in the first few years of having my license.
5. I had a cat when I was a little girl. Her name was Pussy. How original was I?
Five things about new me:
1. My hiding spot for my wedding rings (when I am not wearing them) is an Altoid's tin.
2. I wear thong underwear with pants to avoid a panty line (TMI?).
3. I love/hate my job. When I love it, I realllly love it, and when I hate it, I realllly hate it.
4. I love babies but have no patience for other people's children (and hardly any for my own most days).
5. I've been accused of having a tendency to very slightly exaggerate a story for dramatic effect.
Five things I'm still working on:
1. I am trying very hard to buy less "stuff."
2. I have pretty much talked myself out of trying to sneak into the Doc Marten Warehouse for one more day of shoe shopping, even though my friend Krista says she'll bust me out of jail for one more pair.
3. I am inappropriately sad by the loss of satellite TV. Like seriously inappropriately sad, like grown up and get over it already (which is the part I am working on, the getting over my-stupid-self part).
4. I do not want to be a slob, but I am still working on getting off my lazy ass to do something about it.
5. It is possible that I spend too much time on the Internet, and I am considering addressing this. Baby steps, people, baby steps.