Monday, November 17, 2008

Tivo, oh, Tivo, why hast thou forsaken me?

I just spent almost three hours working with my husband (which is another story) and even involving a trip to Walmart (gag me), all trying to get our Tivo/TV/digital converter/antenna etc figured out, since we now have no satellite or cable service. After 2.5 hours, I decided it was time to take drastic measures and call Tivo for help. After 15 minutes on the phone with Tivo I was informed that, whoops, that Tivo box you have? Yeah, it only works with cable and satellite input. Sorry.

Why wasn't that phone call the first step in this process? Because we aren't all that smart, that's why.

New Tivo box is on the way and the nice boy on the phone felt so sorry for me (tipped off by my sobbing that I was having a rough day), that he is going to transfer our Tivo lifetime pass to the new Tivo box. I've been floating that lifetime pass since 1999, which I received FOR FREE with our first Tivo box because we were being so high tech and cutting edge and trying new things. So almost 10 years and I've never paid for Tivo. That makes me happy.

Also making me happy? With our antenna (yes, rabbit ears, but new ones! high tech ones!) and digital converter box ($50 but with a $40 coupon from the feds), we receive 22 channels which are beautiful and crystal clear and look exactly like they looked when we had satellite. So yay for that. Of course, I haven't flipped through those 22 channels, and will probably find out that we actually get 4 real channels and then at least a dozen weird religious stations and some stuff in languages we don't understand. But I am easy to please. I pretty much need ABC and Fox to live a full live.

No comments: