Thursday, July 9, 2009

Just when I thought I was absurd...


Carlie had choir practice. While she was at choir, I used that hour of wait time to go for a run. Yay! For me! And exercise! And multitasking!


After choir, we both deserved a reward and decided to hit the DQ. We were literally a quarter mile from the DQ, yet I phoned in our order for two small Tagalong Blizzards. Because our neighborhood DQ? Is off the hook. All the time. Always a big line.


So at this point, I am feeling pretty ridiculous with my phoned-in order for ice cream as a reward for running 3.5 miles.


When we got to the DQ to pick up our treat (which was quite delish, BTW), a mother was scolding her young son as they sat on the half-wall in front of the DQ eating their supper.


"I told you, you're not going to earn your ice cream if you don't finish all your french fries."


I do not even know what to say.

6 comments:

Margy said...

OMG - maybe he has to save his allowance for his future triple by pass?

Rogue Scholar said...

Hmmm.... it does seem sort of silly. I mean, i could care less if my kids finish their fries as long as they finish the main meal. What I hate is when they say they are full and then continue to eat fries or whatever. That doesn't fly!!

I too ran last night and rewarded myself with a mint ice cream drumstick. MMMMMM...delsih!

Anonymous said...

Makes TOTAL sense. French fries ARE potatoes......

And in college, we used to jog to Dunken Donuts (probably only 1/2 mile). Eat donuts. Then walk home.

Gee. Wonder why I gained 15 lbs.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

that's why i've never forced my kids to eat a hot dog. sure, it makes neighborhood picnics unpleasant, but beg them to eat crap?

i jogged to pizza hut once when i was 17. that was the last time i jogged, so i think you are doing pretty well.

stephanie said...

I must admit that the thought of hot salty fries & cold cold vanilla ice cream makes me all wiggly. So I can see the incentive part.

But I get your point. YOU earned your Blizzard with the running and then the walking; others are just giving themselves a little pampering treat.

Cynthia said...

Ummm...speechless:O