Thursday, December 3, 2009

I called...


I called the three-time-lookers and talked to the wife. Briefly. She's very nice, BTW, not at all like her realtor.

Long story short... they put an offer in on another house. In July. Which they really love. And now that house is in foreclosure. And if they can hold out and wait for it to become available, they will get an unbelievably sweet deal on it. But the situation is complicated, and they don't know what's going to happen with it, and so they decided to start looking at houses again.

And that's when they saw our house. And looked at it three times. And they like it very much. But they are still holding out hope for the foreclosure and the deal of a lifetime.

So that's that.

Lessons learned:
1. Their realtor is a rude bitch.
2. Stop getting my hopes up.

In other news... I have a lot to blog about but haven't gotten around to doing it. Things like our pre-Thanksgiving craftapalooza and the complete craft mania that has swept my household. And the delicious butternut squash chipotle bisque that I made for Thanksgiving. And the fact that we've decided to host our annual Christmas party, house-for-sale be damned. And the new bakery that opened two blocks from my house and is going to be the end of my skinny jeans. And the bitter cold mornings we are having, in which I am out running in preparation for the half-marathon I registered for in January. And the fact that today is my mom's deathiversary.

That last one is kind of a doozy.

I've written about it before, but am too lazy to find it and link. But my mom died 11 years ago today, three weeks before Carlie was born. This date tends to kick off my holiday blues. Well, that's kind of a lie. Thanksgiving really kicks off my holiday blues.

But it's been 11 years, and honest to God, I still have moments, when I'll see something that she'd love or Carlie will do something funny, and my first thought is, I've got to call my mom, she's going to love this. Still. After 11 years.

So that's where I am tonight. Sad about my mom. Sad about not selling my house when I thought it was a sure thing. Just basically feeling kind of mopey tonight. Aren't you glad I decided to spread my gloom to the World Wide Web? You're welcome.

9 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

I can totally see why you'd be feeling blue, what with it being your mom's deathiversary and the three-timers not buying your house.

But... I think you kick ass for calling the three-timers and finding out the deal.

Hang in there.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

you can spread your gloom to me any time.

Just make sure you spread your bisque recipe to me, too.

Tiffany Tweedie said...

Yeah, that totally sucks.

My dad died on Valentine's day 21 years ago. It's still hard sometimes.

And I'm glad you called about the lookers. Now you know, it's not you, it's them. And that realtor is a totally rude bitch. Not them. Or you.

As long as you keep running, I think a few extra cookies may just be in order. Baked goods make everything better.

Cat said...

This is exactly why we have blogs in the first place. There are a bunch of people out there who are happy to share your gloom.

Yankee's dad died 12 years ago, two days after Christmas. It has really put a damper on his holidays ever since.

Keetha said...

Feeling blue about right now? Totally, completely understandable. That must be tough. I can't imagine and my heart goes out to you, to get all gooey and such. But it does, really.

I'm impressed that you had the cojones to call the house lookers. Good for you. I bet you feel better to at least know more about their situation.

Come off that butternut squash chipotle bisque recipe and please be quick about it.

chiara said...

I remember you talking about this last year - I'm sorry you're in a funk.

The house is a bummer - however, foreclosure situations are messy - if it's too good a deal there will be people all over that house like white on rice and they may get outbid. So, you never know. But seeing as it's the holidays, you've just gotta hunker down until January when the real estate traffic picks up.

stephanie said...

Dude, I'm all about spreading & sharing gloom - and I wouldn't expect less from Augusten Burroughs' favorite straight female stalker. ;)

blessings*

Tiffany Tweedie said...

Thanks for the protein bar tip. Safeway doesn't stock them (they suck) so I'll hit Target on the way home. They usually have that stuff and on sale too. Of course, now that I said that they won't.

Now go run! I did mine today already. Tomorrow is my first 4 miler in 3 months. Is that sad, or what?!

minor catastrophes said...

What an inspiring thing though, that you had such a great relationship with your mom that you still miss her so...

And good on you for making that call! Sounds like you have to take the selling of your house into your own hands in some ways.