Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Homestead

Now that we are unpacked and moved in, I thought I'd post a few pictures of our new digs. Have I mentioned that 1,100 square feet IS VERY, VERY SMALL? OK. I know it's not, like, sharing a 700 sq ft apartment with a family of 12. BUT STILL. Everything is relative, and going from 3,000 to 1,100 has been an adjustment. Now that 2/3 of everything I've ever owned has gone to Goodwill, though, I think the space will work.

I apparently have no control over the order that Blogger uploads photos in, so here is a reverse tour of the main floor of the house.

First thing that we unpacked? The bar. Oh, yes, we did.

The townhouse has a great room floor plan, so from back to front you've got the kitchen, dining area, living room, then balcony. This is standing near the door to the balcony, pointing towards the kitchen. Obviously.

This was taken from the balcony. The Columbia River, right across the street. One day last week I looked out the window and there was a big red beer truck being pulled by Clydesdales trotting along the river. Surreal, much? I've got pictures. I'll have to post one up.



The living room. That window looks out to the balcony, and the fireplace is right across from the couch.



The fireplace. And TV. That's been another adjustment. In our big house, we had a living room with no TV, and the TV was down in the family room in the basement. Now it's kind of IN YOUR FACE in the only living space in the house. On the plus side? WE HAVE CABLE TV. CAN I GET A WOOT! WOOT!

Again, because I have no control over how the photos load, the fireplace is pretty much the first thing you see when you walk up the stairs from the garage and foyer. So this is a reverse tour. Move on down to the next post for the rest of the tour!



4 comments:

chiara said...

It's really cute - I can see why you were interested in this place. 3000 to 1100 is crazy!!! But in reality, I think my husband and I live in about 1200-1400 of our space, not the full 1950, so, trimming to 1100 would be doable.

Does it have garage space for storage?

I love your mid-century coffee table, btw.

Keetha said...

LOVE IT! It's great. I, too, can see why you wanted to make the move.

We must see those Clydesdales.

diet buddy daily said...

Totally cool! I would so love to live in something that wasn't built in 1926! It's looks so clean and crisp.

Anonymous said...

I am convinced that I would never be grumpy if my kitchen was this beautiful.

Steve's wife, Beth