Monday, September 6, 2010

In which I am shallow... how about you?

I once broke up with a cute boyfriend because he chipped a front tooth and didn't get it fixed. For real. Shallow, who?

Now that you know where my personal shallowness yardstick is, I'll commence with my tale.

There's a really, really cute dad that goes to our church. And by dad, I mean he has a kid Carlie's age, and not that he's, like, my dad's age. Because? Ew.

Anyway, did I mention that he is really, really cute? Like, you're so beautiful you could be a part-time model cute. The essence of his cuteness comes from his hair. He has this thick, black, curly hair that appears to be quite soft to the touch. I've never actually touched it, of course. It reminds me of this... but with less attitude.


Or should I say had. He had beautiful, day-dreamy hair. But yesterday, at church, as I was scanning the crowd while devoutly paying attention to the sermon, I saw him, and he had a new hair cut. A new hair cut that looked kind of like this...
And my chain of thoughts went something like this:
1. OMG, WTF
2. Man, I'll bet his wife is pissed
3. I would never sleep with him now (not like I was planning on it before) (just saying)
4. I am so over him

And then I broke up with him, in my head.

Is it just me?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not just you, for sure.

My fiance has hair like that (the good picture) and he keeps talking about cutting it. If he does that, I may have to withhold the sex.

I'll love him the same, but I'll be mourning the loss of my super-hot fiance.

Kathy said...

I laughed OUT LOUD when I saw Jim's picture!!

Fantastic Forrest said...

I'm so sorry, dear, that your dream has died. But I m proud of you for having standards.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm here giggling at those pictures while Zack tries to read over my shoulder.

I really need to hook him up with some neighbor kids.

With good hair.