Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jumping The Shark

I fear my blog has jumped the shark. I don't know what to write about. I'm in this weird place where I have no ideas/too many ideas/can't capture the ideas in words. Weird.

Two of my kids have big milestones coming up, a college graduation and a high school graduation coming in the spring. Those two kids are thriving, excelling, doing great. And two of my kids are struggling, mightily, and it breaks my heart. But those stories are theirs to tell, not mine.

Meanwhile, I'm treading water. But I fear that under the surface, the sharks are circling.

3 comments:

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

i know what you mean, girl! i've got nothing and everything to write about these days, which pretty much means i don't write. love & hugs

Keetha said...

Girl, I'm sorry to hear all this. There's nothing like your child struggling to make your sad and crazy.

I'm thinking of you and I look forward to reading your writing whenever you're ready. :-)

PS
I've been meaning to email you for weeks - I have a funny story to tell you about losing my car in a shopping mall parking lot a few weeks ago.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

It's hard when you really do have things to write about, but it's not your stuff to tell.

I think you are glorious, writing here when you can. Take that, Mr. Shark.