Friday, August 15, 2008

The Boot Camp Saga... Day 3

Man, did today kick my ass. Everything was harder. It was harder to wake up. It was harder to get moving this morning. It was hot and muggy at 5:30 a.m., which is just not a good way to start any day.


We were all about the circuit today. Let me see if I can recount the stations: abs, walking sideways squats, twisty thing with a medicine ball, stretchy band row with squats, triceps dips on stairs, pushups on stairs, wall sit (which is another f*ing squat), jump rope, crab-walk thing with cones, jump and squat (surprise, squats!). I think that is it. We did one minute at each station. After that circuit we ran for 15 minutes. Then did it again. It whipped my ass, in a major way. Whipped me to the point that I was doing "modified" versions by the second circuit, and I didn't want to be modified! Made me feel very short bus.


I think running 5k last night was a BAD IDEA and I won't make that mistake again. My Tu/Th runs need to be in the morning or not at all. Lesson learned.


So that's the report. It's HOTTER THAN HELL here today and that makes me cranky. I am running in a 5k Sunday morning (Mt. Hood Jazz Festival Fun Run) and if it is this hot I am going to croak.

1 comment:

Melodee said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I need that workout!

Mel
Actual Unretouched Photo
Northwest Neighbor!