Thursday, August 14, 2008

There's no heart break like teen heart break...




I remember being a teen. I remember being melodramatic. And I remember the very real agony of teen heart break. But being in the throes of it and remembering it are two very different things. And telling your 19 year old that you remember and that you know and you've been there (and God forbid you mention that it's going to get better) is so pointless and possibly makes it even worse, because what 19 year old thinks that YOU, mom, know anything at all about anything at all to begin with, much less this kind of passion and TRUE LOVE and pain.


So that's what's doing at my house tonight.

1 comment:

Keetha said...

Oh, DEAR. My son is six and I can't say I'm looking forward to all that business.

I remember very well being a teen and the angst and very real hurt that I KNEW no one else in the history of the world could possibly have felt. Ever.

I wouldn't be that age again for anything.