Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Buh Bye

Laundry is done. Bags are packed. It's 11 p.m. and the alarm is set for 4 a.m.

Packing was a struggle. I am going for a week. There are two of us, we're both girls, and we both find comfort in lugging a lot of stuff around with us. Continental is allowing ZERO BAGS without a fee. So to check one bag each is $30. I like to check two bags for myself, one with clothing, one with toiletries. But to add another bag would be an additional $25 and screw that. This whole paying to check bags thing is fucking ridiculous and I'm in quite a snit over it.

After several different configurations of what goes into what bag and getting the weight of the big bag down to 50 lbs, I think we're done. But as I am typing this, I just remembered that we have a case of girl scout cookies to deliver. Crap. Where the hell am I supposed to put those? Anyone? Any ideas?

In 61 minutes I'll be 43 years old. I really need to go to sleep. My beautiful friend Kathy baked cupcakes for my birthday. They were delicious.

Things I do when I am stressed:
1. Not sleep.
2. Pee every 10 minutes.
3. Pick a fight with my husband.
4. Make lists, lose the lists, tear around frantically searching for the lists.
5. Curse, a lot.

One of the fun things I plan to do in New Orleans is do some impromptu mobile blogging, so be on the look out for pictures of anything I find interesting. I don't know how much real posting I'll do, but I love to post from my phone with a fun photo. And I have a feeling there will be some fun sights to see. I also downloaded the Facebook app to my Blackberry. Because I am a geek. I've got the iPod loaded with "Sonny With A Chance" and "Suite Life" for Carlie. And Book 1 of the Sookie Stackhouse series on my Kindle. I am a traveling freak show of electronic gadgets. 

All right. I'm going to pee (again) and then try to crash. For five hours max. As if I can fall asleep right now.

Next time you hear from me, I'll be on the road!

UPDATE: OK, it is now 11:50 and I am wide the frick awake. But I am shutting down the computer. Guess I'll count sheep or some such.

5 comments:

Fantastic Forrest said...

Goddammittohell, will you please just have a good time?!

The bag fee sucks the wad. Being 43 is no biggie. It beats the alternative.

I hope you got some sleep and by the time you read this, that you've made it through security and are settling in to the seating at the gate. Because I know you. There's no way you won't be checking for comments before take off.

XOXOX

Margy said...

Go - have fun - enjoy! Oh and have one of those big ass muffalota sandwiches for me. Becuase when you run you get to eat a bazillion calories a day.... and they don't count....because you run.

justme said...

have fun

Keetha said...

I wish you safe travel, much fun, and the ensuing of hilarity. I cannot WAIT to see these photos.

bernthis said...

I get this way mostly when I'm going back to see my family in NY