At the risk of making myself sound like a 97-year-old biddy, sitting on my porch, shaking my cane and yelling, "Hey you kids, get off of my lawn," I'm going to tackle Ten on Tuesday. So here we go... 10 Fads that I Just Don't Get
1. The whale tale. Keep your panties in your pants, girls.
2. On a related note... butt cleavage. Seriously? Butt cleavage? This is a thing?
3. Reality TV. The Bachelor. Bachelorette. Big Brother. Biggest Loser. Survivor. American Idol. America's Got Talent. So You Think You Can Dance. They've all stayed off of my radar. One exception: Dancing With the Stars. But that's more a serious competition, really, more of a game show, technically, right?
4. Cell phones for kids under the age of... I don't know what age is the right age, but kids who can't pay for cell phones probably don't need cell phones. My kids would all say this makes me cheap. Whatever.
5. Pierced faces. Ew.
6. Tom Cruise. OK. Maybe not exactly a "new" fad, but, really, never did understand the appeal there.
7. McCafe. You can change the name and raise the price, but it's still coffee at McDonald's folks, sorry.
8. "Famous People" that I don't know why they're famous... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, John and Kate Plus Eight, All Kardashians, Paris Hilton and just about everyone else on the recent covers of Life & Style and In Touch. I do not even know why they are famous. But they all seem to be quite douchey.
9. Octo Mom. Enough said.
10. Clothing lines put out my hip hop *stars* Hasn't the world seen enough saggy pants, leather jackets and two-toned sneakers?
Ten on Tuesday... get yours here.